Spring is on the way, and it is the perfect time for taking a road trip (a trip through the Texas Hill Country to view wild flowers, anyone?). Before you hit the open road, make sure you have an emergency kit packed just in case you find yourself stranded away from civilization. Here is what you should have on hand:
- Food and water. Include non-perishable food items, such as nuts and jerky, and several bottles of water.
- Something to keep you and your passengers warm, such as blankets and/or sweatshirts. A couple of extra pairs of socks would be great too.
- First Aid Kit plus extra medications you and your passengers take on a regular basis.
- Safety tools, including jumper cables and reflective triangles.
- Light, including both a battery operated lantern and police flashlight. Make sure the batteries are good before you leave for your trip, and pack extra batteries.
While you are packing for your trip, make sure you have an ID card for your vehicle in the glove box. If you need a current card, you can print one for your insurance carrier website or mobile phone app, or call your agent. Enjoy the ride!